Saint Ambrose Athletic Boosters
The Saint Ambrose Athletic Boosters is a volunteer fundraising organization that benefits the athletic programs at Saint Ambrose Catholic Parish in Brunswick, Ohio. Through our fundraising efforts, we are able to support high quality sport programs at Saint Ambrose.
Membership meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the first Monday of each month, in the Lehner Center. Membership consists of all families whose children participate in the sport programs facilitated by the Athletic Boosters and those interested in promoting Catholic values in sports.
Children from our neighboring Catholic parishes, Saint Colette, Saint Martin of Tours, Holy Martyrs, Our Lady of Grace, Saint Francis and Saint Emilian are welcome to participate in our sport programs.
Spring Sports Signups 2020
Sports and Fees:
- CYO Co Ed Track and field (Grades 3-8): $80
- CYO Boys Baseball (Grades 3-8) : $100
- CYO Girls Softball (Grades 3-8): $100
- CYO Girls Lacrosse (Grades 3-8) $105
- CYO Boys Lacrosse (Grades 3-8) $105
- Kindergarten Sports 1 day per week $75
- Kindergarten Sports 2 days per week $150
- Co Ed Flag Football (Grades 1-8) $100
- Co Ed Golf (Grades 1-8) $100
- Baseball Skills (Grades 1-8) $100
- Lacrosse Skills (Grades 1-8) $100
- Football Skills (Grades 1-8) $100
- Soccer Skills (Grades 1-8) $100
- Conditioning (Grades K-8) $100
- Archery (Grades 1-8) $100
Valid spring sport season physical exam on CYO physical exam form must be on record to complete the registration process. TWO pages (exam and emergency medical authorization) must be submitted to be valid.
Ryan Harrington, Athletic Director
Head Start Basketball FUNdamental League – Winter 2020
Boys and Girls Grades K-3
The League will be held at the Liverpool Township Community Center in Valley City on Saturday mornings beginning on January 11, 2020 and continuing through February 15, 2020.
Athletic Boosters Store / Spirit Shop
Purchase Spirit Wear from our online shop!
Information and Downloads
If you want to coach in any Saint Ambrose Athletic Boosters sport program, you must submit a volunteer application form to Michele Sumner in the Parish Life Center prior to coaching (including practices). Those who have already completed a volunteer application, may fill out the returning coaches application and put it in the gold mail slot in the beige barn at the back of the St. Ambrose property.
- Volunteer Application
- Legal Requirements Checklist
- Rick Koenig Memorial Scholarship
- Athletic Boosters Reimbursement Form
A CYO PHYSICAL EXAM FORM IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE FORM. Download a copy of the form. Please note: This is a 2 – page form.
Each child of a family who is not registered St. Ambrose Parish parishioners must go to the webpage (ccdocle.org/cyo/eligibility-center). Click on the Diocese of Cleveland Parish Locator link to find the nearest CYO parish sport offerings within 10 miles from your home address.
Completed Eligibility Request Form, can be dropped off in gold slot on the beige barn on the St. Ambrose Parish property with ATTN: Ryan Harrington on the envelope.
Parents Code of Conduct:
I will enjoy my child’s opportunity to experience the benefits of sport.
I will trust in my child’s ability to have fun as well as to perform and achieve excellence on his/her own.
I will help my child to learn the right lessons from winning and losing and from individual accomplishments and mistakes.
I will respect my child’s teammates and fellow parents as well as the players, parents and coaches from opposing team.
I will give only encouragement and applaud only positive accomplishments whether for my child, his/her teammates, their opponents or the officials.
I will respect my child’s coach and support his/her efforts.
I will not instruct from the sidelines.
I will insure that my child will attend all games and practices possible, and when not possible, I agree to inform the coach in advance.
I will respect all facilities made available so my child can play games and practice his/her sport.
I will respect any equipment or uniform that may be issued to my child so that he/she can participate.
I will respect the officials and their authority during games.
I will never demonstrate threatening or abusive behavior or use foul language.
I will be responsible to report to CYO any perceived misconduct by coach, player, parent or official so it can be dealt with in the appropriate manner.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by rules and guidelines listed above, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
- First Offense – Verbal warning by official, site director, and /or CYO representative.
- Second Offense (during the same game) – Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by organizations involved.
- Third Offense (during same season for that sport) – Parent and child (or children) will be removed from program.