We’re introducing Family Sandwich Nights!
Join us in Hilkert Hall, room 4 on Tuesdays, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm to help make sandwiches and to color lunch bags at our Family Sandwich Nights. This is a great opportunity for the entire family to come together to Serve with the Compassion of Christ!
PB&J Brigade Needs Your Help!
Every week, we distribute 2,800 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to those in need and we are so grateful to everyone who helps make this happen! The kindness of members have allowed us as a community to feed our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Who do we help?
West Side Catholic Center
Peter Maurin Center
Saint Augustine Hunger Center
Saint Ignatius Homeless Ministry
LakeSide Men’s Shelter
Ways to get involved:
- Help us make sandwiches and decorate bags.
- Donate supplies! We can always use sandwiches and snacks (i.e. granola bars and crackers).
- Come to the parish and help pack lunches for distribution.
Join us to pack lunches on Mondays through Thursdays, from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm in the Mother Teresa room and in Hilkert Hall, room 4.
Come to the Mother Teresa room and Hilkert Hall room 4 on Tuesdays, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm to help make sandwiches and color lunch bags.
Pick up supplies to make sandwiches at home and bring back! The parish can provide sandwich making supplies (bread, peanut butter and jelly, and baggies) that can be picked up whenever the PLC office is open. When you drop off the sandwiches you made at home and any snacks please ensure the following:
- Recipients are receiving freshly made sandwiches. We encourage that sandwiches and snacks be dropped off to the PLC desk on Monday through Thursday, before 5:00 pm.
- Sandwiches can also be dropped off to the PLC on Sundays since they are still fresh for our beginning of the week deliveries.
For more information on how you can serve our PB&J Brigade, please contact Gabby Yatson at GYatson@StAmbrose.us.