Pro Life Group
Vision: To proclaim the sanctity and value of all human life as a Gift from God and the foundation of human dignity from conception to natural death.
Mission: To be a reliable source to direct, inform, engage, and involve people of all ages in a consistent ethic of life from conception to natural death.
Meetings: We meet quarterly and as needed. Generally it is the third Tuesday of January, April, September and December in Lehner Center 7 PM to 8 PM. Our meetings are used to plan our goals and to see if there are current events going on that need our attention.
Catholic Church Teaching About Life
“Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person – among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life.”
~ Catechism of the Catholic Church 2270 ~
Basic Principles of Catholic Social Teaching
The Church’s social teaching is a rich treasure of wisdom about building a just society and living lives of holiness within the challenges of our society. Modern Catholic social teaching has been spelled out through a series of papal, conciliar, and episcopal documents. The depth and richness of this tradition can be understood best through a direct reading of these documents. But in these brief reflections over the next few weeks, we will highlight several of the key themes that are at the heart of our Catholic social tradition. So please keep reading this column and then think about how good a job we as individuals and as a community of faith are doing, in believing this and living this….View the 7 Basic Principles of Catholic Social Teaching.
- 40 DAYS FOR LIFE – 9/28 through 11/6 – The Pro Life group will pray outside the Planned Parenthood abor tion facility 25350 Rockside Road, Bedford Heights each Wednesday, September 28, October 5, 12, 19, 26, & November 2 from 11 am – 12 pm. 40 Days of Prayer & Fasting; Peaceful Vigil; Outreach.
- LIFE CHAIN will be on Sunday, 10/2 from 2 – 3 PM on North Court Street in Medina. St. Ambrose Pro Life Group and Knights of Columbus will stand in front of McDonalds. Life Chain is a peaceful and prayerful public witness of pro-life individuals standing for 60 minutes praying for our nation and for an end to abortion. It is a visual statement of solidarity by the Christian community that abortion kills children and that the Church supports the sanctity of human life from the moment of conception until natural death.
- FILL THE CRIB – We will be collecting baby items throughout the month of October for local organizations who help women and families.
- ROSARY OF REMEMBRANCE FOR SOULS – 11/09 – 7PM Chapel.
- YEAR OF MERCY SERIES – 10/11 at 7 PM – Rachel Benda from Bethesda House of Mercy will be speaking about healing after abortion for all who have been affected. This will be an evening of Healing and Mercy.
- CELEBRATING ADOPTION MONTH November 5th Mass and Dinner/Speaker Anyone wanting to find out more about adoption or who has been touched by adoption are welcome to attend.
- HOLY HOUR FOR LIFE – On the Feast of Our Lady of Guadeloupe – We will be meeting in the chapel Monday 12/12 after the 5:30 PM mass. Come pray the rosary or just spend time with our Lord in silent prayer.
- MARCH FOR LIFE BUS TRIP leaving Thursday evening, 1/26/17 and returning Saturday morning 1/29 sponsored by Knights of Columbus.
- OTHER JANUARY 2017 EVENTS
- CLEVELAND RTL YOUTH RALLY 1/22
- MASS FOR LIFE celebrated by Bishop Richard Lennon at The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist
- CANDLE LIGHT VIGIL at 7 PM Medina County RTL, on the steps of the Medina Court House
- SPIRITUAL ADOPTION January through October 2017
- 40 the movie will be shown in January date TBA.
- BUILDING A CULTURE OF LIFE – potential speaker at Soup Supper date TBA.
- INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE UNBORN CHILD/KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS DAY OF PRAYER FOR THE UNBORN CHILD – Saturday, 3/25/17 Rosary Service at Resurrection Cemetery
Pro Life Issues
We would like the parish to understand the main issues threatening the sanctity of life. Each issue has a link to reliable information on the topic.
Unplanned Pregnancy – If you are pregnant, help and resources are available. For information about some issues you may be facing click here.
Call the Help Line 1-800-712-HELP (4357)
Children with special needs or Down Syndrome:
This link is to a three minute video about how there is a reducing number of girls being born in the world. http://www.itsagirlmovie.com/This however doesn’t just happen in China and India. With IVF and the concern for overpopulation, many will seek to determine the sex of the child and then choose to abort.
Abortion – Church Teachings
What is abortion?
Abortion literally means to end a pregnancy. Since the Catholic Church believes that life begins at the moment of conception, abortion at any time is considered to be a sinful act.
Methods of Abortion:
Post Abortive Healing Links
Local contact 216-334-2966 ask for Peg Gerovac or email@example.com
- Natural Family Planning (NFP) –
- Sex Education –
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Books on Pro Life Issues
Aborting America: The Story of an Ex-Abortionist and Ex-Atheist – Bernard Nathanson – Book is out of print may be available in Libraries. CD
Pro Life Links
Pro Life Prayers
Below are several links to prayers that can be prayed to help with the Pro Life Issues.
40 Days for Life has put together over 10 hours of audio from 33 different speakers. You can listen to the speakers through the internet, download the 10 MP3’s, or download the transcripts. Click on this link