Welcome Home! Guidelines as you Return to Church
So many refer to Saint Ambrose as ‘their second home.’ It’s a place where the family of God – sisters and brothers – come together as one around the Table of the Lord. We come to share life and friendship. We share faith and family values. We come together in service to the Lord to build up the Body of Christ. Together…as one…for the glory of God.
We are working hard to make sure that all are welcome and everyone stays safe and healthy. In coordination and collaboration with the Diocese and Medina County Health Department, we are following best practices to keep all our staff and members safe.
Whatever Mass you choose, please remember to practice social distancing and good health habits (take your temperature, wear your mask, wash your hands). Please read guidelines below.
For the complete guidelines we’ve received from the Diocese of Cleveland, please click here: www.
What you can expect from Saint Ambrose, our priests, deacons and pastoral staff:
- We will continue to follow the guidelines and best practices from the Diocese and Medina County Health Department.
- We will continue to inform you of everything we are doing to keep our church clean and to keep you healthy. As new information becomes available and new requirements are needed, we will communicate with you.
- We will continue to live stream all our Masses. If you are elderly or in a high-risk population, please stay home. The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in effect for all Catholics in the Diocese of Cleveland.
- We will Celebrate Mass at maximum ‘50%’ capacity of the church building. In all reality, with social distancing guidelines, our capacity will be closer to 20-30%. In our case, around 200 people.
- We will stream Mass into Hilkert Hall. Once the Church is full, you are invited to join in the Hall to celebrate Mass.
- Our staff, clergy and ministers will maintain 6’ distance during Mass.
What we will do to maintain cleanliness and best social distancing practices within our church:
- There will be signs, directional markings, ushers and staff members to guide and assist you when entering the church and finding a place to sit to ensure we follow best Social Distancing Guidelines.
- All pews and surfaces will be wiped down and disinfected after each Mass.
- One or two pews will be left vacant in between congregants so that six feet of distance can be maintained in all directions.
- There will be no missalettes available during Mass. We will have disposable worship aids available.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each entry.