Saint Ambrose Thanksgiving Day Community Meal
With your help this Thanksgiving, our parish will be providing 7,500 meals for our brothers & sisters here in our community and in the greater Akron & Cleveland areas. We need YOUR help to make this happen. We need hundreds of volunteers to help in the days before, and the day of Thanksgiving. We need help of every kind (cooking, carving, setting up, packing meals, etc).
With your help, many people will be able to enjoy a true Holiday Dinner thanks to the Saint Ambrose Parish Community Meal. It’s one more example of the good we do together for the Lord and those in need.
In this season of giving thanks, May God bless you abundantly for your goodness, generosity and support. Together we are bringing the care and compassion of Christ to our community and those in need.
“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.”
Donate Turkey and Pies!
Our annual turkey and pie collection will be the weekend of November 10/11.
Our goal is 650 turkeys and 400 apple and pumpkin pies! Thank you, as always, for your generosity.
It takes an army of over 800 to bring the Thanksgiving Meal together!
Thanksgiving Dinner Registration Instructions
We also have a few positions open for area leaders. If you are interested in becoming an area leader, please contact Scott Hodan at email@example.com or 330.220.1262.
We need your help to make this happen!
Thank you once again for your support!
- Read through all the options.
- Choose what you would like to do. Some volunteer jobs are at other locations. Click on the title of what you would like to do. The title will be in blue and if you place your mouse over the title and a link will show up, click on the blue linked title.
- The will take you to the appropriate Sign-up Genius. Choose the slot and Click on the “Submit and Sign” up button at the bottom of the page. This will take you to a second page to register.
- Indicate the number of people you are signing up and in the “My Comments” section, indicate the name(s) of the people you are signing up other than yourself.
- If you signed up last year, Click “I‘m a Sign-up Genius Member” A login box will pop up, enter in your email and password. If you do not know your password click on the “Forgot your password” link.
- When registering for the first time – Complete your First/Last Name, Your E-mail address (if you have one, you will need to reenter your email.), and your phone number, indicate if it is your home, mobile or work. Email is not required, however is useful to change your sign ups and for us to send important information quickly.
- If you want to create an account, Click on the box “Create a Sign-up genius account”, (we recommend doing this in case you need to make any changes).
- If you want this event to be entered on your Outlook, Mac iCal, or Google Calendar; click on the second box “send me a confirmation with an iCalendar(ics) file”.
- Enter the best phone number to contact you, and indicate if it is your Home, Mobile, or Work number.
- Then click on the “Sign up now” button.
- If you had clicked on the iCalendar button a dialog box will appear. Click OK to view your calendar event, enter your email address to send it to your calendar.